Classical Youth Ballet
2019 PERFORMANCE TICKET CONTEST INFORMATION
Tickets go on sale for our Finale Performance of “Winnie the Pooh” beginning Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 7:00 am through our online website! Go to www.classicalyouthballet.comand click on the ticket link –OR—CALL 706-550-1416. Our goal is to have every dancer sell at least 10 tickets each!
What is a Ticket Contest and how does it work?
· Our Ticket Contest is a fun way to get your students involved in providing an audience for their special performance that they have worked all year to create!
· There will be 3 SPECIAL PRIZES for our 3 top ticket sellers (FIRST PLACE-AMERICAN GIRL DOLL)!
· Hand out Winnie-the-Pooh invitations to family members, friends, neighbors, school teachers, hair dressers, etc. inviting them to watch you perform at the Box Elder High School on Thursday and Friday, May 9-10, 2019.
· Have the people who are purchasing your tickets place your STUDENT’S NAME in the online form that asks who should be credited for selling the tickets. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY WE KNOW TO CREDIT YOUR STUDENT FOR THEIR TICKET SALES.
· Let them know ticket prices are: Ages 5-12: $10.00 in Advance or $12.00 at the Door; Ages 13 & Up: $12 in Advance or $15 at the Doorand they are Reserved Seating so the earlier they can commit, the better their seats will be!
Please make sure the families you sell tickets to know that they MUST PRINT A PAPER TICKET IN ORDER TO BE SEATED. If they don’t have a printer – please let us know beforehand so we can print the tickets and have them available to pick up at Will Call on the night of the performance.
Please note all seats are Reserved Seating. All tickets must be PURCHASED ONLINE OR OVER THE PHONE. All Show Tickets and Ticket Fees (we are charged $1.50 per ticket by the ticket company) are nonrefundable. We can exchange tickets (Thursday tickets for Friday or vice versa); however, it is unacceptable to sell unused tickets on social media and/or to bring unused tickets to the Box Office to be sold for you. The Box Office will not accept these tickets.
The ticket contest will close at MIDNIGHT on Wednesday, May 8, 2019. Tickets will still be available after this date; however, any tickets sold after this date will not count toward our ticket contest.
Here’s to a great Finale Performance this year! I am grateful to have all of you and your families a part of it!
Thank you as always,
December 16, 2018
I’m excited to announce Classical Youth Ballet will hold their Finale Performance on Thursday and Friday, June 20-21, 2019 so our students have the opportunity to perform for family and friends! THE PERFORMANCE WILL BE HELD IN THE ESTEEMED PEERY EGYPTIAN THEATRE IN OGDEN, UTAH! Please check online at in our “Calendar” tab for our Rehearsal Schedule. You will also receive a Rehearsal Booklet through email, as well as any updates that need to happen. It will be an original ballet staged once again by Ms. Michelle. The Finale Performance gives our students valuable experiences and allows them to use the skills they have learned during the year. The opportunity to perform is fun, educational, and exciting for the students. It gives a dancer the motivation needed to continue to want to increase their skills! Just as you wouldn’t sign up for soccer and expect to not play in the games, I believe you have signed up for ballet classes and that your dancer will perform.
In case you are not familiar with the way I do my performances, CYB does not do a traditional recital. I produce a One or Two-Act Story Ballet that is either based on a traditional ballet (i.e., Swan Lake)OR I create an original ballet (such as last year’s Mary Poppins). I began performing story ballets at the age of 10 and still remember with much fondness, the excitement of wondering which part I would play in the upcoming ballet. There was a camaraderie that happened between myself and the other students (both younger and older than me), and I looked forward to it every year! This year the students will find out in January the story of the ballet and which part they are to play. I work extremely hard to make this an exceptional performance and positive experience for all involved.
Many of the expenses in putting on such a quality performance increase from year to year. The Performance Fee to participate in this performance will assist in covering the following expenses: One costume per dancer, one pair of tights per dancer, theater rental, sound technicians, lighting technicians, janitors, stage sets, stage props, costume return/exchange if needed, costume alterations, headpieces, programs, tickets, liability insurance, music, music licensing, music editing, extra rehearsal expenses at the studio and theater, backstage workers, professional staff, etc. One professional tutu can cost anywhere from $500.00-1000.00!! The total fee per student is $125.00. All ticket purchases will be the responsibility of the families. Tickets will be $12.00 per ticket IN ADVANCE (children ages 4 & under FREE if sitting on parent’s lap) and $15.00 per ticket at the door for both Dress Rehearsal and Performance. By the time we get to the stage for our Dress Rehearsal, we are performance ready and treat this as a second performance.
PLEASE NOTE THIS YEAR’S TICKETS WILL BE SOLD BY THE PEERY EGYPTIAN THEATER. *There are no handling or convenience fees when you purchase tickets in person at their box office. Tickets can be purchased on their website 24/7. Handling fees ($1.50 per ticket), convenience and preservation fees ($3.00 per ticket) are applied to all website ticket purchases.
IN ORDER FOR US TO CONTINUE CREATING OUR YEAR-END BALLETS, WE ARE ASKING FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE IN SELLING 10 TICKETS PER DANCER. WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO ASSIST US IN CREATING TIMELESS MASTERPIECES FOR NOT ONLY THE FAMILIES OF CYB, BUT ALSO THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY TO ENJOY. BY CREATING SUPPORT FROM THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY, WE ARE ESTABLISHING TRADITIONS THAT WILL ASSIST US IN CONTINUING THESE YEAR-END PERFORMANCES FOR MANY YEARS TO COME.
The students’ measurements will be taken during the fourth week in January and allowance for growth will be taken into consideration. It is extremely important that all Performance Commitment Forms and Performance Fees be returned to CYB by Friday, January 4, 2019.
· You may pay the entire amount on or before January 4, 2019.
· All fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable at all times. Once costumes are ordered, if a student should decide not to participate, they are still responsible for performance fees. A costume cannot be canceled once it is ordered.
· All performance fees MUST BE PAID in full by the dates given.
· All outstanding tuition balances must be paid in full in order for a costume to be ordered and handed out when they come in, as well as be a part of the performance.
· Costumes will be handed out at the end of May, after account balances are paid in full, including June 2019 monthly tuition.
· In order to participate, you must be present at the final Mandatory Practices in the studio and the theater Dress Rehearsal the week of the performance. Please note there are no exceptions to this.
· In order to put on a quality performance and not to take away from the dancer’s class time and ongoing training, there will be Friday and/or Saturday rehearsals in preparation for the performance. You will be notified of the exact dates by February 2019. Please make every effort to have your student in attendance at these special full cast rehearsals. It makes a difference in how they feel and perform! These extra rehearsals are also a part of their regular monthly classes (thus, the reason June’s monthly tuition fees will be the regular monthly fee).
· Please complete the attached form and return it on or before January 4, 2019.
· In order to have a quality performance, it is essential that students make every effort to regularly attend their weekly ballet classes. Training hard and attending all classes and rehearsals will help produce an excellent performance. Also, when a student is absent it affects the entire class once the students are working on their performance. Putting on a performance is a team activity and everyone is equally important! Please remember this if you are considering signing your student up for an additional spring team sport.
You will receive a very detailed Rehearsal Booklet in February 2019. This booklet will provide important information concerning our Year-End Finale Performance to be held the week of June 17 through June 21, 2019at Ogden’s Peery Egyptian Theatre. There will be extra rehearsals scheduled on Fridays with sufficient time to plan for this beginning as early as April 2019. Special Studio Rehearsals will begin in April 2019and run through June 2019. Please do not plan to be out of town the week before the performance or any time during the week of the performance. WE WILL BE OUT OF THE STUDIO THE WEEK OF JUNE 3-7, 2019 IN ORDER FOR YOU TO CREATE YOUR FAMILY VACATIONS.
My goal at CYB is to provide the opportunity for each dancer to learn about all aspects involved in the art of performing. I hope all dancers and their parents will join me in making this creative process a positive and rewarding environment. If you have any questions, please feel free to call or text me at 435-730-7797 or by e-mail at: . I am looking forward to a fabulous Finale Performance once again this year!
What are thebenefitsof performing?
1. Performing develops creativity. Imaginative play stimulates and challenges the brain, and allows our dancers to be innovative and broad-minded. This is extremely important in the development of a child.
2. Develops confidence. I’ve seen dancers stand taller in their knowledge that they’ve succeeded in doing something they love. Given lots of time to progress through the year, dancers are encouraged to develop confidence in themselves and those around them.
3. Promotes self-discipline and self-motivation. Throughout the performance experience, our dancers learn to be patient with themselves and others; and inspire and be inspired by the dancers around them. Performing helps dancers be on time, organize their belongings, quick change into other costumes when needed, and motivates them to look out for themselves and others in a nurturing atmosphere, much like that of a family.
4. Exposes dancers to art and culture. Because our ballets are based off of literature, old paintings, or previous-staged ballets – our dancers are learning more than just a dance. The dancers learn stories that have been told for years, stories that are new to them; they see other artist’s creations through pictures that are shown and videos are shown to inspire them. All of these venues help them to want to create using their own imagination. They are learning history, facts, art and culture all intertwined into their dancing experience.
5. Overcomes anxieties. The triumph of going out on stage, performing a piece successfully, and receiving feedback afterwards is one of the profound and tangible reassurances of worth and achievement your dancers can get. It gives them a sense of accomplishment and encourages them to aim higher, overcome obstacles, and achieve greater goals in the future.
6. Learns memorizing skills. As the dancers learn their own individual dance, they will realize that the skills they have been learning in the classroom, when placed with music and in a certain order, gives them even more creative freedom in the future! This in turn helps their memorization skills in other areas such as with school using their math skills. You will be surprised at how much a 3-year-old dancer knows! All dancers ages 3 through 7 perform with a Teacher Assistant on stage to help improve these skills, develop confidence, and overcome anxieties.
7. Improves musical skills. Dancers utilize their musical skills with counting the music, listening to different phrasing, and learning to understand where they must do certain moves in the music. By listening to the music that has been chosen, dancers learn how to count music, listen to the different musical instruments in the music, and interpret the music on their own – all of these have been proven to improve mathematical skills!
8. Problem-solving. The dancers will learn how to solve problems such as where they must go when certain dancers are performing, what side of the stage they must be on, how to wait patiently while it is their turn, etc. Watching and interacting with other dancers in their class, along with our older, more experienced dancers, teaches them to problem solve – to learn how to place themselves spatially, how to listen, how to watch and observe, and how to handle a situation when given to them. These are life skills that will help them now and in the future!
9. Social interaction and cooperation. Performing arts classes promote working as a team while also encouraging and developing individual talent: the best possible combination.
2019 Performance Commitment Form
Dancer’s Name: Age:
Class day(s) & time(s):
I understand I owe the following fees for my student to participate in CYB’s 2019 Performance. By returning this signed form, I am agreeing to pay the total fees by the scheduled deadlines and committing to my student’s participation in the performance rehearsals, regular class attendance, and timely tuition payments. I understand that monthly tuition will include the full month for Junedue to all the extra rehearsals my dancer will have the opportunity to attend beginning in April 2019. I understand there are no refunds or transfer of funds available once I have committed to performing and if any fees (TUITION INCLUDED) are not paid my dancer will not be able to perform.
I am agreeing to the following:
Full payment of $125.00 (includes performance costume, tights, and performance
venue fees) due on or beforeJanuary 4, 2019 and signed commitment form (payable online, check to CYB, or cash);
Please charge my credit card on file;
Please charge the credit card information below:
CREDIT CARD INFORMATION: NAME ON CARD:
CARD TYPE: VISA, MC, DISCOVER CARD NUMBER:
EXPIRATION DATE: ZIP CODE: CVV:
I understand if I am late in paying any of the above fees I agree to a late fee of $10.00where payment is not received on that date. I understand there will be some extra rehearsals in preparation for the performance; this will be in addition to the student’s regular class times so as not to take away from their weekly ballet training. I will do my best to see that my student attends all rehearsals. I will do my best to see that my student attends as many rehearsals as possible and understand my dancer may be dismissed from the production if they do not have 90% attendance in their regular classes (no refunds or transfer of funds will be given). I also understand the importance of attendance in regular classes and will see that my student attends these classes. Please do not plan to be out of town the weekend before the performance (June 14-15, 2019) or any time during the week of the performance (June 17-21, 2019). I understand my student must attend the Mandatory Rehearsals in the studio and Dress Rehearsal at the theatre and will not perform if not in attendance. I understand Dress Rehearsal is Thursday, June 20, 2019 and the performance is Friday, June 21, 2019.
Parent’s Signature: Date:
Dancer’s Signature: Date:
2018 NUTCRACKER WORKSHOP!
Do you love…
· Performing on stage in beautiful costumes?
· The magical story of Clara and her beloved Nutcracker?
· Creating friendships with those who love to dance?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then
Performing in this year’s Nutcracker 2018 may be your answer!
Come to our Nutcracker Workshop being held on
Saturday, August 25, 2018
Must be 6 years of age through College.
Please fill out a Nutcracker Registration Form.
REHEARSALS BEGIN SEPTEMBER 7th!
COME PERFORM WITH US
DECEMBER 6 & 7, 2018
AT THE BOX ELDER HIGH SCHOOL!!
*Please contact Ms. Michelle with any questions at 435.730.7797 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
**Must be enrolled in monthly classes at CYB in order to perform.
Here is our Fall 2018-2019 Schedule:
Fall 2018-2019 Schedule
3 & 4 years
4-1/2 & 5 years
6 & 7 years
Ballet 1 (Ages 8-9)
5-1/2 & 6 years
Floor Barre/ Turns & Jumps
3 & 4 years
7-1/2 & 8 years
~Youth Dance Theatre 5:00-5:30 pm
(Every other Friday)
6-1/2 & 7 years
Ballet 1 (Ages 8-9)
~Youth Dance Theatre 5:30-7:30 pm
All Company Rehearsal
EARLY CHILDHOOD PROGRAM (3 TO 7 YEARS OLD)
ELEMENTARY PROGRAM (BALLET 1 & BALLET 2: 8 TO 11 YEARS OLD)
To enroll in Ballet 1: Must be 8 years old and may take 1-2x/week.
To enroll in Ballet 2/Pre-pointe class, the dancer must take class 2x/week and have Director approval.
INTERMEDIATE PROGRAM (BALLET 3 & BALLET 4: 12 YEARS OLD & UP)
Must be 12 years old and take 2x/week, be at a beginning/intermediate pointe level, and have Director approval.
UPPER DIVISION PROGRAM (13 YEARS THROUGH COLLEGE)
Must be 13 years old and be at an intermediate/advanced pointe level, and have Director approval.
OPEN PROGRAM (10 YEARS THROUGH ADULT)
Floor Barre/Turns & Jumps. Required class for YDT members Ages 10+ and Up.
PERFORMANCE PROGRAM (8 YEARS OLD & UP): ~ Enrollment by AUDITION ONLY. YDT auditions held yearly. Next audition date: 5.4. 2019.
Come Explore As A Princess Ballerina!
Each day our dancers will experience everything “ballerina” beginning with an art & craft, be transported into the story of the Princess Ballerina of the day, have a daily snack where they’ll learn Princess Manners, and learn how to dance like a ballerina. Your young dancers can get into the “spirit” by wearing their own costume & accessories – as long as their attire does not interfere with their ability to move! On the last day of the Camp, parents are invited to attend class and watch an “Enchanting Performance” from their ballerinas.
Please remember…pictures & videos are welcome to help capture the magic!
Tues, Wed, Thur: July 31, Aug 1 & 2
Dancers will take home a daily craft & Surprise
on the last day of each camp!
Camp 2: Ariel, Jane from Tarzan, & Jasmine
9:00 am - 10:30 am
Cost: $40 per Mini Camp.
TUITION DUE AT TIME OF REGISTRATION.
Ballerina In Training
11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Cost: $45 per Mini Camp.
TUITION DUE AT TIME OF REGISTRATION.
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR:
· Princess or ballet outfit
· Ballet shoes (we have shoes they can borrow if needed).
· Hair up off their necks.
· Plenty of enthusiasm!
· Dancers will take home a craft at the end of each day AND a special Surprise on the last day of the camp!
· Parent Demonstration on the last day of the Camp!